KARATEKAS!! Don’t forget that on the 23rd of March SEITOKAI will hold the 2013 Winter Camp, to take place in our Kerava Dojo.
This Camp will have the special participation of Sensei Harri Hämäläinen (6th Dan), Chairman of our partner Association, SHOTOKAN KARATE DO KOLLEGIO, and member of the Finnish Karate Federation Board of Direction.
We count on your presence! Oss, Tiago Pedroso
I’m glad to bring you the news that I was invited by Helsingin Aikuisopisto (Institute of Adult Education) to teach a special workshop on “Karate & Self Defense”, happening on the 2nd and 3rd of March, 2013, in Tanssisali, Kuortaneenkatu 3 C, from 11:30 to 14:45 on both dates.
I would be honored to have your presence, so come practice with us and bring your friends and family to share an experience that aims to give you motivation, self-confidence, discipline, reaction, respect, coordination, fitness, relaxation, and much more!
The price for the 8 hours of course is €30
Limited spots: 16!
Adapted to all levels and ages!
PART 1 – basics
1. What do you feel when you are attacked?
2. How to overcome/use fear? The right mind-set.
3. Learning to accept/cope with touch.
4. Reacting or not? How to choose?
5. Common attacking situations.
6. Body’s weak points. Know them to protect them and to use them for your protection.
7. Basic defense mechanisms: un-grips; body stances; vocals; etc…
PART 2 – techniques
Against a wall
On the ground
2. Improvisation: attacks and reaction
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJojwk1G3I” /]
SEITOKAI Winter Courses will start this Saturday, 5th of January (Kerava Dojo) and Sunday, 6th of January (Herttoniemi Dojo).
Come and join us!