- This event has passed.
SEITOKAI Kata eTOURNAMENT – Fase 1 deadline
I’m excited to share a new challenge with you!
I would like to invite all students under 16 years old to participate in the
The 1st SEITOKAI Kata eTournament!
– Each student will record a video of themselves performing 1 Kata of choice (preferably from their own belt level, but can be any other as well);
– The video can be recorded at home or in an outside space. If your space is limited you may quickly adjust your stance before stepping to the following technique;
– The kata should be performed all in 1 take, please do not edit the video. You can of course record many times and select the best one to send me;
– Participants should be wearing their Karate-gi and own belt as neatly as possible;
– Bow, say the name of your Kata, complete your performance and bow at the end. Just like the procedure in class.
– Send the video to me (email or WhatsApp) until Friday the 8th of May;
– All participants will receive a printable participation certificate via email;
– Special extra awards will be given to:
___the top 3 white belts and yellow stripes
___the top 3 yellow belts
___the top 3 orange belts
___the top 3 green belts
___the top 3 advanced students
– Results will be announced by email the week after, 11-15th of May.
– For the top 3 of each category there will be a Fase 2, against each other with a second video-kata (different), sent to me until 18th of May;
– Results will be announced during that week, 19-22nd of May;
– Special extra awards will then be given to:
___the top 5 of Fase 2
– The 2 best Kata performances from Fase 2 will be selected for the Final Fase. Finalists must send me a 3rd video-kata (different) until 25th of May;
– The final results will be announced on Tuesday the 26th of May and both the winner and runner-up will received an extra award.
The videos will not be published or shared by me.
Only I will see them, and possibly 1 or 2 other senior grades to help select the winners.